The latest round of Inspiring Australia : Unlocking Australia’s Potential grant will provide $5 million available across three categories for projects to be delivered between 2012 and 2014. It is intended to fund a collection of projects that provide a good mix of activities with a variety of approaches, audiences, locations and topics. This grant will provide money to museums, universities, industry, local government, community and other organisations for activities that increase knowledge of science, and the benefits that science brings to everyday life in the community. Priority will be given to areas not previously funded by the Inspiring Australia initiative.
This grant round will also encourage:
- A strengthened, cohesive and sustainable national program of science engagement activities. These activities will take into account existing projects and projects funded or supported by other means.
- A spread of activities across Australia.
- A comprehensive mix of activities in relation to delivery approaches, target audiences, geographic locations, and the science topic focus
- A focus on priorities such as (but not limited to) youth, Indigenous communities and regional Australia
- Innovative approaches to engaging audiences in science.
The round is open for applications from 16 January to 29 February (4pm AEDST) 2012.
Please visit this page often to receive announcements and updates. For more information visit www.innovation.gov.au/InspiringAustralia or contact Pattens on 1800 PATTENS.