INSIDE SMALL BUSINESS
- Information on how to enter and the prize(s) form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The promoter is Pattens Group Pty Ltd (ABN: 24 131 524 859) of Suite 611, 1c Burdett Street, Hornsby NSW 2077 (“Promoter”).
- Entry is only open to small and medium businesses operating in Australia that have less than two hundred (200) employees and less than $20 (twenty) million in revenue in the 12 months prior to the date of entry. (“Eligible Businesses”). Eligible Businesses must have a genuine business, with a valid ABN, as determined by the Promoter. Any business that the Promoter reasonably suspects is not a genuine business will be invalidated and will not be eligible to win any prize. For clarity, the promotion is not restricted to Pattens Group customers.
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promote and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- Promotion is open to subscribers of Inside Small Business and commences at 12.01am AEDST on 01/11/21 and ends 11:59pm AEDST on 15/12/21 (“Promotional Period”).
- For an Eligible Business to receive an entry into the promotion, an authorised representative of the Eligible Business (who must be an Australian resident aged 18 years or over) must, during the Promotional Period, visit pattens.com/ISB and input the requested details including ABN, full business address, business name, phone, email and an answer to the question “In 100 words or less describe Why should your business win the $5000 prize” and submit the fully completed entry form.
- Only one (1) entry permitted per Eligible Business.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Businesses (including an authorised representative’s identity, age and place of residence and employment and the number of employees and address of the Eligible Business) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Eligible Business that the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- Incomplete, indecipherable, or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
- This is a competition based entirely on skill and chance plays no part in determining winners. Each entry will be individually judged based on the merit of the answer provided to the promotional question, as well as the submitted business plan.
- Winners will be notified via phone and email.
- The Promoter’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- After the receipt of one hundred (100) eligible entries the best one (1) valid entry as determined by the judges will win a prize consisting of $5,000 awarded in the form of Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) to the winning Eligible Business;
- Existing clients, employees (and their immediate families) of the entity issuing a voucher, are ineligible to claim or use a voucher with that service provider.
- As a condition of entering this promotion, each Eligible Business (and authorised representative) licenses and grants the Promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display their entry for any purpose, including but not limited to future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability.
- The owner of each Eligible Business consents to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image, and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) and the details of the Eligible Business in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of:
(a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control);
(b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
(c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
(d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions;
(e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or
(f) taking of the prize.