When you’re competing for international contracts, a finance package that enables your overseas buyer to purchase your goods and services can be a critical factor in your success. The ability to offer your buyer finance supported by an export finance guarantee from EFIC can give you an edge by complementing your technical capability with a comprehensive buyer finance package. In addition, the loan disbursements that you receive from the bank provide working capital, which you can use to finance your export production.
EFIC finance packages :
- Enhance your ability to win contracts by providing finance to your buyer
- Help to ensure you don’t lose business to a competitor who can offer buyer finance
- Can make your buyer finance offer more competitive, as the guarantee may enable the bank to offer a loan of up to 100% of the contract value
- Can help you finance your contract, as the loan disbursements provide working capital
- The guarantee may be denominated in your buyer’s local currency.
The process involves the following steps:
- You enter into an export contract with your overseas buyer
- Your buyer enters into a loan agreement with a bank acceptable to EFIC
- EFIC issues a guarantee and indemnity to the bank for the repayment obligations of your buyer under the loan agreement
- The bank pays you in accordance with your buyer’s instructions when you fulfill your export contract obligations
- Your buyer repays the bank in accordance with the terms of the loan agreement.
You should be an Australian exporter producing capital goods or services for export which have substantial Australian content. Generally finance is limited to 85% of the export contract value with the loan repayment available for a period of up to 18 years. No security is required from the Australian exporter.
More [pageparent] Grants
- Advanced Development and Marketing Fund
- Australian Small Scale Offerings Board (ASSOB)
- Duty Drawback Scheme
- Entrepreneurs’ Infrastructure Programme
- Export Market Development Grants (EMDG)
- Venture Capital Limited Partnerships Program (VCLP)