NHMRC provides funding for all areas of research relevant to human health and medicine. These are divided into categories that reflect the intent of a grant rather than the topic of research. NHMRC Program Grants provide support for teams of researchers, to pursue broadly based collaborative research activity.
The team will be expected to:
- contribute new knowledge at a leading international level in important areas of health and medical research;
- develop novel ideas and approaches;
- tackle problems for which longer term stable funding is essential;
- develop training and career development opportunities within the team; and
- facilitate collaborative use of specialised facilities or expertise.
Potential applicants are advised that there is a high level of competition for the Program Grant Funding, and successful applicant teams have a very high record of achievement in research, strong case to make regarding their team record. Applicants must demonstrate to the peer review panel that they are capable of conducting research at an internationally competitive level.[randomtext category=”GrantSidebar”] [randomtext category=”CallToAction”]