The new Liberal government is beginning to make announcements to the changes of the various grant schemes. Many of the different grants have been marked for cancellation as a means of “ending Labor’s waste and reckless spending”. Full details can be found at media release Our Plan to get the Budget under Control.
Schemes to be discontinued are
- Jobs and Competitiveness Program;
- Steel Transformation Plan;
- Clean Technology Program;
- Coal Sector Jobs Package;
- Energy Efficiency Information Grants;
- Clean Energy Skills package; and
- Clean Technology Focus for Supply Chain programs.
Whether the schemes get discontinued immediately or if they will wait until the government has abolished the carbon tax first is yet to be released. More details expected to come over the next few days.
Keep in mind that other schemes such as Commercialisation Australia, R&D Tax Incentive and Export Market Development Grants (EMDG) seem to be unaffected at this stage and it is business as usual for us.